CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Ragamuffintopping

The blogfather Carlos has inspired me to join the Ragamuffintop Challenge, so here it goes.
He's laid down some ground rules for the challengs so I'll do my best to follow them, here they are:
1. You must have a measurable goal.
~My goal is not measurable so I'll add a new goal that I can track
~I will walk one mile 5 days a week for the nest 34 days (that's when I leave for east Asia)
That's my measurable goal because the real goal is to be in better shape to handle the GlobalX trip that I am going on. I'm going to be chasing after kids in a summer camp in the hottest place on earth for three weeks, I need to increase my stamina!

2. You must place a photo or video on your blog each weekend and give us the scoop on how you did.
~There is no way that I am putting a picture/video of me getting on a scale up here. Not gonna happen. Instead I will give you a picture of my inspiration. These shoes are freakin expensive. I am the cheapest person ever. I buy shoes at TJMaxx for $30 and stress that they cost too much. These shoes came from Fleet Feet, the most intimidating store ever. The people that work/shop there run on purpose. I only run when chased (and I don't get chased). Clearly there is something wrong with these people, but I bought their shoes anyhow. These super expensive shoes now sit by the door begging to be used. I'd love to put a picture of the real inspiration, the kids I am going to work with this summer, but because of security I can't put their pictures online, bummer. You can follow our trip HERE if you want!


3. You must link back here so that the readers of your blog get to see how the rest of us are failing or succeeding.
~Okey dokey, that's easy. Go read Carlos' blog. It's fanfreakintastic!
Ragamuffintop Challenge
Everyday Ragamuffin

4. You fill out the linky thing below and then people can get to your blog from my front page and we can cheer each other on.
~Did it! I'm officially Ragamuffintopping

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck with the mission, and good luck chasing kids.. no amount of walking or running really gets you ready for that!!

Liza on Maui said...

I am raggamuffintopping with you!

By the way, we have the same running/walking shoes :)

Lets do it!

Jess B said...

Good luck! I recently invested in some new shoes, too....and can't believe how expensive they can get! (Though I did find mine on sale at Kohl's!)

Happy running!

Vanessa said...

Hi! I just joined the challenge. I am not a runner either, but started running in January. If you are interested in getting going try the couch to 5K program - it's great!

Carlos said...

I expect an update tomorrow!!!
Send me your addy so I can get you your coffee.
Los